St. Joseph’s Family Medical Care is a participant of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City’s (Blue KC) Medical Home Program. The Blue KC Medical Home Program is a delivery model designed to improve the following aspects of the healthcare delivery system:
- Person and family-centered care,
- Care that is continuous, comprehensive, and equitable,
- Care that is team-based and collaborative,
- Care that is coordinated and integrated,
- Care that is accessible and of high value
Healthcare can be a fragmented and costly experience for the patient. Patients in medical homes receive the right telemedicine care, in the right amount, at the right time. This increasingly popular delivery system modernization leads to safer and better care, empowers patients and renews the patient‐provider relationship.